Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The strangest things happen in Africa

Last night I attended a feast. We renamed it "Noelle's thanks giving dinner" with a toast from an English man.

There were 7 of us, from all over the world.

2 Irish people (one man, one woman), An English/Irish man who lives and works all over Eastern Africa, an Italian who is a electrician/carpenter, an older nun from California, Father Emmanuel and myself.

Sr. Linda, the californian nun, had just returned after having been away from some months. She'll be here for 2 years. The others are all here for different lengths of time. I looked around the table in awe of the random people you find in Africa!

Last night was strange. It was overnight, so an all night event right outside my bed room. I actually rolled over in my bed several times because it sounded like someone was physically in my room. They were actually just outside my window. So sleep did not happen. At 5 am, Antony (the english/irish man) came to my house to collect his computer. I went with him to the junction to bid him bon voyage back to Kigali, Rwanda.

I started sleeping at 6:30. I slept until 1 pm, and am still tired. I'll go back to bed soon I think.

I haven't been feeling well again, and went to town to get my first ever malaria test yesterday. I don't have malaria, but something isn't right.

In VERY exciting news I picked my first 2 cucumbers yesterday! As I was putting up a fence to protect my garden I found them and decided to pick them. I think I'll eat them tomorrow. I hope they are tasty!

Life is never dull around here. It is enormously ... random.

No comments:

Post a Comment