Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!





Happy Thanksgiving!!




I am so thankful for many, many things this year.  I love thanksgiving, it is my favorite time of year!  

Top Ten Things I am thankful for:

1.  My family (including extended!), friends, support network, and loving God

2.  Books which have inspired and challenged me:  The Irresistible Revolution, The Bible,  Charity in Truth

3.  For the fact that I am living in Africa.  I am thankful that even crazy dreams come true.

4.  I am thankful for this past summer, all the things that happened which taught me so many priceless lessons

5.  I am grateful for the year of work I had before coming to Africa, for the family I nannied for and for the Hughes family who I lived with.

6. I am thankful that even the most bitter disappointments in life end up turning into something more beautiful than you ever could have imagined

7.  I'm grateful that I have an education and that I was able to grow up somewhere where I wasn't abused, used, or suffered, somewhere I was safe and loved.

8.  I am thankful for the many challenges that are making me a much stronger and kinder person. 

9.  I am grateful for all the Africans I work with, who daily inspire and remind me of the incredible potential for greatness within this continent.

10.  I am thankful for this adventure, this opportunity, to try to make a tiny difference in a world in desperate need.  



11...  I am overwhelmingly grateful for the love, support, friendship, and encouragement of my partners... YoU!   

1 comment:

  1. We are very grateful for you and are with you in love and prayer.

    ReplyDelete