Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Forgotten events

I'm tired and want to go to bed early so this post will be short.

I forgot to write about my hospital visit a few weeks back.  NO I wasn't IN the hospital, thank God.  We went to visit the patients, to love them and encourage them. 

I went with Jude and Evas, two wonderful Ugandans.  It was a terrible and amazing and wonderful experience.  The first ward we randomly ended up in was the wounds ward for women I think.  I won't go into any detail about what we saw, let's just say it was pretty bad.  But amazingly enough I found something well up in me.  I was able to hug and hold and caress the women as they cried or talked or just were in pain.  They were incredible moments, sacred and precious.

We ended up also going to the men's ward where people had broken limbs.  Some of the cases were just heart breaking.  But as we went through both the wards something changed.  It was like we left a wake of peace.  We brought love and left a smile instead of agony.  We acknowledged the dignity in every single person.  It was magnificent.  "Namaste"- I see God in you. 


The patients aren't dying from their wounds, they are dying from starvation.

God, where is justice for the poor?

No comments:

Post a Comment