Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Bed of Roses

I guess I've never understood the expression "a bed of roses", as though somehow that would be comfortable??

Well, in my imagination a bed of roses would not be all the comfortable, when you roll you get stuck by the thorns.

Things are tough right now. I'm getting stuck by the thorns, I am going through a lot. The adjustment has, honestly, been difficult. I never thought of Africa as a bed of roses. But I also wasn't 100% prepared for the incredibly large number of mis adventures, frustrations and ( disappointments.

Culture shock, or cultural adjustment, is hard.

I love my work, my people, my life... yet there are days it is very challenging.

There is some honesty. Africa is beautiful, but there is always a flip side. Africa can be terrible sometimes.

In other news there are some beautiful cucumbers growing in my garden. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment