Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Missing the Ugandan Sun


Some of the recent days here in Michigan have been somewhat overcast.  Today as I looked out at the dull day, I thought that I really do miss the beautiful, perpetual Ugandan sun.

Being back in America is strange.  The other day I got incredibly overwhelmed in the paper isle in Michael’s.   While I was living in Mbarara, I wanted to paint.  I am an artist and it is a good way of expressing myself.  It took me 3 months to find paper which the water colors I had managed to find, did not destroy.  And there I stood, in the isle at Michaels surrounded by more paper and canvases than can be used in 20 years.   I just wish there could be a more even distribution in life.

My plane ticket is all set, to return on August 16th.  I am excited to go back, because there is a lot of great work waiting for me.  Right away we will be doing some training courses for teachers, which should be fantastic.   I am really excited to work with a good Ugandan team.  I love working with Ugandans who are very capable and able to teach character development with me!

I had great news the other day.  My best Ugandan friends are moving into my apartment complex in Uganda!  This will really be wonderful.  It will mean people to spend time with, more time with their baby, and getting to just enjoy daily life together. 

For now though, I think I will enjoy being in America.  There are a lot of great people and things here.   My sister is coming home from Europe on Thursday, I haven’t seen her in 2 years!  The joys of an international family.   Let the month of Gornik Family begin!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment