Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Home Sweet Home

This is Noelle in Africa...in America!

My mom mentioned that I haven't even been home a week yet... that is crazy to me.  Africa feels very far away.

I am sitting in one of my favorite places in Michigan.. Mary J's apartment in Lansing.  Mary and I have been very close since DSO 4 summers ago.  I'll be staying with her while visiting many friends here in the Lansing area.

I was in Traverse City the last few days for my cousin's graduation party and family hang out time.  It was great, but freeeeezing cold.  I mean like 50 F.  That is very cold after Africa, considering it was 96 and humid when I arrived back in America!

Culture shock has not set in.  I think I am just too happy to see all these great people!  It's been wonderful to catch up with my closest friend.  Friends, Family, and food will revive any weary traveler! 

Just so all the readers know, the wish list at the side of my blog are "in kind" donations.  This means if you donate something on that list, you get a tax deduction!  I have reordered them in order of greatest need.  The thing I need the most is a normal lap top, as my small one will be used for traveling and a normal sized one to keep my major work on.  If you have one you can donate, you will get a tax deduction and really help me out!

It's been great to be back.  I have no idea what the future holds, but am trying to take it one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment