Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Peace

I am at Home. 

It is the rainy season here, so it rains every afternoon.  Ironically, even with TONS of rain my house still doesn't have water.  For me, I am totally ok with that.  It adds to the "African Experience" to have to fetch.  However, Father is not super happy that I don't have water.

I was rather stubborn and just moved into my house before anyone knew what happened.  See, if you wait for things to happen you will wait a very long time.  So I cleaned and scrubbed my house... and moved in.

It is a beautiful space.  Currently the only thing in the sitting room is a broom.  But that will change, some day.  I waged world ward 3 on the bugs in my bathroom today.  I put bricks under the legs of my table so I don't have to crouch so much to use my computer.

I know most of the parts of the body from stomach up... the whole face for sure, in Runyakole.  The greetings are coming, each day I remember a little more, can ask a little more.  Tomorrow I have a "test" over numbers, body parts, and greetings.

We had our first staff meeting today.  It, of course, started an hour late.  We were suppose to meet in the afternoon as well.  But it rained.  And of course, when it rains everything stops.  Ahh... Africa. 

The people here are great.  I am learning more and more about each of them everyday.  I rarely see Father Emmanuel, but I am getting use to that... though I don't think I'll ever like not seeing him.  My housemate doesn't come until next Wednesday.  Oh well.

The school starts on Monday.  We have another meeting tomorrow... if it doesn't rain.  ;) 

Life is good here, and I am ready for the DTS to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment