Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Christmas in September!

I got my package from home today, along with a fairly nice guitar. Not at all what
I was expecting to find here in Africa! (this means the mail system works!!)

I feel like it is Christmas!!! Last night, the community leader knocked on my door with a beautiful table, which is high enough for me to comfortably work on my computer! It also means the little table I was using can go in the sitting room, so now there is more than a broom.

My package brought me tons of great joy, mostly in the form of music and jewelry. I haven’t managed to find the perfect necklace yet, but now I have my celtic cross back, and I am super happy with that. Music is sooooothing my soul. It has been so long!

I also got my whole computer in the form of my external hard drive. This is fantastic because now I have all my files! I also have more medication than a pharmacy! I am feeling incredibly blessed.

I have decided to put roots down here. I think it is time. I love it here, the people are incredible, the place is beautiful. Yes, there are major challenges. Food, water (both running out and it hurting me), my body failing me. But challenges don’t mean you aren’t suppose to be in that place.

I’m getting use to Mbarara town. It’s good, even if it is frustrating sometimes. People are slowly getting use to me, like my waitress at the cafĂ© which makes me feel like I’m on main street Ann Arbor.

My body is still not doing great. I think I will figure things out but it will be slow. I finished my medication and am hoping the infection is gone. But I am still not 100% by any means.

I will probably start posting some photos and stories from other times in my trip. I realized I haven’t put up some really good photos and told a few good stories! So if I get a chance I’ll do that.
These photos are from an adventure to the boarder of Tanzania with Father E on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment