Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Home Sweet Home!!

I have reached Mbarara, mostly safe and sound.  Along the way my camera was lost/stolen.  I am going to go for the stolen option because I was really careful about where it was.  I am going to look into seeing if it was found anywhere... but I think it is gone.  Which is SUPER sad.  I will try to get another within the next 2 months.  But for the moment, we might have to go without pictures!

I have officially moved into my own little round house!!  It brings me great joy.  I will have one roommate, a woman from Kenya who is coming to also staff the DTS.  I cleaned the house with all the energy and cleaning ability of an American Woman!  I SCRUBBED, it was sooo dirty.  It felt really good.  I think I am going to become a clean freak here in Africa.  Next goal:  Ant killing.  I don't cohabitate with ants, I refuse.  I will win.

It is good to be back, people are so happy and surprised to see me.  Father and I didn't really tell many people I was returning.  It made for some very fun faces when they saw me!  So I am getting settled.  I don't have internet yet at home... the one I am using now is expensive.  But I think I will just have to bit the bullet  and pay the 40 dollars a month for internet at my place.  Meh, if only the whole world was free wireless!

The mountains around the community are BEAUTIFUL.  Because the rainy season has started, the air is clear.  So you can see all the mountains... i didn't know that the whole town of Mbarara is surrounded by mountains, but it is!!  It's very beautiful.  I love it.

So we will have some training later this week.  Then the students come on Monday!  ... then begins the craziness!  

No comments:

Post a Comment