Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Random notes...

I thought I would throw together some random notes to give you a good picture of life here.

In Sudan:
- It was a bit like Camping... we had beds in most places... but often not the "best"
- Pit latrines everywhere
- Very little electricity
- A lot of people suffering from hunger
- Water was collected from bore holes, via pumping in most places.


People live in Tukus, which have dirt floors. The women are incredible and can carry 50 lbs on their heads, and still smile at you when you walk by.

Just FYI... in Chukudum we bought 200 bags of corn for the local people. They were (purposefully) delivered well after we left, to be distributed to those who are suffer the most from the bad rains last year... so basically vulnerable women and children.

I was able to give 100 dollars towards buying this food.. thank you for your donations!! It is your generosity that allowed me to give money towards feeding these beautiful people! And with this, we know for sure that the food is getting directly to the people!

In Kampala:
- It is unlike any western city! Taxis and Buras are the main transport
- We haven't had electricity during the days... and they don't know why.
-Watching a lot of World Cup... the ads are beautiful and different from American ones. It's cool to watch it in Africa!
- I went to see a movie with Susanna today! It was comfortable. (Prince of Pursia... very good!... just fun!)

Tomorrow I start my work with Cornerstone Leadership Development... my little 4 day break is over! I am grateful for this time of rest, but ready to get back to work.

Susanna and Peter (and their 5 month old Tendia) have been Amazing hosts!!! :D It has been great to see "normal middle class life" here in Kampala. We've had many wonderful conversations, I've learned a lot from these generous people.

No comments:

Post a Comment