Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The last episode...


Friday
I knew I needed to go into the office for a little while on Friday, but I took my time.  Like I said, mornings and I are not the best of friends.  And, it was Friday.  I headed into the office by 10:30 and delivered my friend’s anniversary gift.  He was excited, (as was his wife who I saw today... yah!).  My office was pretty focused that day, so I actually worked for a while from my desk with very little distraction, which is really rare.  Then Babu, one of the guys who works in Tanzania, and I had a meeting about the upcoming Tanzanian course the we have.  It was a great meeting.  Babu is awesome.   By 12:30 I was finished with everything office related I needed to do, and I wanted to eat lunch from home.  I had several tentative things in the evening, and having made a list of things to accomplish at home, I went back and worked from there.  I got a lot done, sent off my email update and worked on some of our manuals. 

None of my evening plans panned out...partly because I didn’t go to the BBQ I’d been invited to.  I was a little tired.  I spent the evening sitting on my living room floor (which is tiled) painting and watching Numbers.  Then at about 9 pm, I decided to watch an actual movie and watch “Limitless”. 
I also ate a lot of oreos.  They are my current kick.

So that’s a pretty productive week!  There are a lot of little things that aren’t detailed here, but over all it was a good week.  Saturday, I honestly spent most of the day laying around my house talking to my family and watching TV.  Then I went for dinner with friends and had one of the funniest conversations I’ve had in years.  Over Indian food, can’t get much better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment