Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Week after

I am sorry for my delays in posting.  As much as I would love life to stop so I can update you on the past... it quickly continues.  But tonight I am not feeling like sleeping, so posting the next adventure sounds just about right.

The week after new dawn is a bit of a blur.  I moved again.  My room was occupied by the English couple, who were staying until the end of January, so I moved to yet another round house.  (I moved 4 times in 6 weeks... I'm getting good at it.)  My (wonderful) roommate Paula took a bit longer to move into the house with me so I was solo for a few days, which was actually ok. 

The DTS was still needing to be finished.  So the Tuesday thru Thursday of the week right after New Dawn we were in DTS class.  It wasn't as "intense" as usual, but it was still busy.  The staff wrapped up student evaluations and we finished the DTS with a really good Indian film and a nice dinner (meaning there was meat).

The next day (Friday) some of the students left.  It was very strange to say goodbye to them!  The place is a lot quieter without all of them.  11 of them stayed, which was great!  It's wonderful to have people I traveled through the last 4 months with still serving along side of me. 

That week was really busy, I don't remember much of what happened.  Just goodbyes, cleaning up the place, trying to get settled in a new house and start to prep the community planning retreat.

It was hardest to say goodbye to my "daughters"... the girls I took care of.  Them and Joel, who is a great guy who is from Zambia... so it's not like I'll see him very often.  I actually already got to see one of my daughters, Lydia, again when I stopped in Masaka last week! 

Next Post... photos from New Dawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment