Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Retreats part 1

On Sunday, one week after New Dawn the community went into retreat.  There were 2 parts of the retreat, 1st part spiritual, the 2nd part planning.

The 1st part was given by a priest from Italy.  He had worked in Kenya for several years.  He is a large man, who could be very scary and intimidating... but he's a lover, someone who truly loves.  It was beautiful to see someone who had such a passion and love just for people, anyone and everyone.  I want to be like that.  :)  It was tangible. 

The retreat was good for the most part.  The material was a bit "heavy".  I didn't attend all of the sessions because I was feeling really sick while simultaneously writing a 5 day retreat myself.   I felt terrible, I often would sleep for 2 hours in the afternoon in a haze of totally exhaustion.  But then I had to push myself to work late into the night to get the retreat completed.  It was a bit rough at moments.

My beautiful and wonderful housemate left part way through the retreat.  It was really sad for me.  Thankfully we got to spend the whole evening just sitting and chatting...telling stories, the night before she left to go home to Kenya.  I miss her.  She is a great friend with a lot of energy I feed off of.

Once she left I somehow managed to spread myself over 3 large rooms.  My stuff was everywhere!  I am a rather unorganized planner... need things set out so I can visualize.  I was grateful I had the space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment