Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sauron the corn husk angel



Today I tried to make a corn husk angel for the first time as an example for our soon to exist craft group.  The people who work around here (in the fields etc) thought I was crazy as I went into the bannana plantation and collected the husks for the harvested corn.  But they worked perfectly!


Due to a lack of the needed materials, my 1st angel looked more like some freakish dark angel.. or Sauron from Lord of the Rings.  I think that if Sauron was a husk angel he'd look exactly like this



I managed to make Sauron the corn husk angel look a little less terrifying by trimming and re attaching the broken wing.  The next one I do I will make sure to have the proper hair and length of husks.  But Sauron stand by it?self! 


No comments:

Post a Comment