Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

11:11 pm

It's late and I am tired.  I didn't get my 3 hours of napping in today.  That has only been a habit over the last week, as I've been feeling rather ill again.  My body is sort of on strike right now, saying the DTS is over so I should be resting a bit.  But I am pushing 10 times harder these days and my body is telling me I am sick.

10 talks.  5 days.  Countless activities.  12 posters.  45 envelopes.  1 bottle of coke.  Bricks.  Stones. Sand.  And energy.

That is going to be the next 7 days of my life.

I am officially giving the community planning retreat.  It will mix practical scheduling with character development training.  The material is fantastic, I am just hoping that all the pieces fall into place.  And that my body doesn't decide to totally break. 

One week.  Then I can break down on the bus to Kampala. 

So tonight it's Norah Jones, a bit of chocolate, and Servant Leadership, Synergy and Maintaining  Balance.

I have to say, today was a beautiful day.  It was the time I have felt most the fact that I live in a community.  It was beautiful as we made different commitments to the work we're doing here.  Some good byes are hard, but my best friends are all staying around.  I am so happy about this, and hopeful for what the future holds.  I LOVE the people who I live with.  I am greatly blessed. 

Tomorrow I am going to see someone about the food that makes me sick.  There is a chance that they'll have some thing that will help.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment