Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Friday, January 7, 2011

20,000 +

Last night was an incredible experience!  I spoke in front of over 20,000 people!!!

My talk was based on the quote "Development demands bold transformation".  It was a bit intense, but hopefully there were enough layers that everyone present could get something.

I was so blessed to have Fr. Emmanuel translate for me.  He is an amazing translator!  He always gives great expression and speaks with passion. 

The only moment of real nerves was when they said I had to stand at a podium to speak because it was being recorded by Radio Maria, which reaches over 3 million people!!!  But as soon as the talk started I was flying.  No nerves, just speaking with passion from my heart.  It was a time of confirmation.  I am made to do development work, to help bring about this bold transformation.

During mass, before my talk, I went and sat among the crowds.  The Africans love it when you just are there.  Generally a few of them just stare at you.  But it's a great feels to be among thousands of people, singing in their language, and dancing... dancing... dancing. 

I was in the spotlight the whole evening last night.  I am glad for the strength that was given me.  It was a great time.

Life is a bit of a roller coaster right now.  I am taking the morning off because I am a bit sick, and also tired.  But over all, this whole massive conference experience in Africa, is a once in a life time experience!!  Thousands of people are sleeping outside in the field!

One of the biggest blessings was that I was surrounded by people who I really love.  The icing on the cake was that my good friend, Fr. Henry, came!  He walked up the steps of the pavilion right as I began my talk. Fr. Emmanuel, Fr. Henry and I got to process through the crowds together at the end of the night.  It was a profound and overwhelmingly wonderful experience.  The white people from Kisi and Antony were there too, and of course Fr. Emmanuel right next to me during the talk gave me a big boost.  Sr. Linda was listening from her room... we got to chat for a while afterwards. 

I looked good too.  :) 

So.  It was great.  It will continue to be good I think.  Now a bit of rest.

Hopefully I can get some photos from the photo team.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congrats; I'm glad it was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ina, when the power went out and I almost didn't speak, I thought of you. I thought, "well maybe Christina actually does need this talk more than these people!" It was funny. Love you dear.

    ReplyDelete