Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Before the details...

Before I go into a detailed explination of what we did in Africa, I want to take a moment to say a few quick things.

I went to Africa knowing that it was somewhere I thought I wanted to be.
I left Africa knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that I want to live there for a very long time.

I went to Africa with a vision of how human dignity should be lived out.
I came back with friends, and a deep understanding of how love can reach across bound, especially skin color.

Skin color is a funny thing, something which should bring humor and joy.

I LOVED Africa. I felt so at home in Uganda, at peace. I fit in well with the culture and the people. I made friends with both women and men, something which I have been told is hard.

Many people asked me when I had been to Africa before. I asked one of my friends, Clementina, why this was. She said it was because I greeted people and spent time with people.

I loved how the people move and dance in worship, how they sing and don't hold back. I loved how they hold each others hands just to show friendship.

The continent has officially stolen my heart, her people are my people, for we worship the Living God.

My work now is to patiently wait, and do whatever I can to get back to this land.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me soo happy :)
    Can't wait for a good long chat...

    I'm wearing your bracelet and have been getting tons of compliments! And praying for you with lots of love.

    ReplyDelete