Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Friday, February 22, 2013

A window into my world... snapshots

 Beautiful Breakfast!  Fruit here is so incredibly delicious!  I often eat pineapple and baby bananas with vanilla yogurt from breakfast.  The fruit is so flavorful, it's like a party in my mouth!
 Goodbye Carol!  This was my farewell time with Carol, drinking milkshakes together.  Apparently, I was the person who first introduced her to milkshakes.  She is now living far away in Mbale.  I hope to visit her soon, but I really miss her at the office and on our team!  She's a gem.
 "This is chapter one, let me consult chapter two"... Edmond "The King of Uno" got so many cards he had "2 chapters".  Game time/ hangouts are a great way to build out family of friends within Cornerstone.  Uno after dinner the other night provided some quality laughs!
 Make things pretty!  These are the pages of the internship binder. I couldn't resist making them colorful. 
 Lawrence typing up his S4/S6 Youth Camp Report!  Thank you so much Hannah for the computer!  Throughout their internship, the new kids get to learn to use the computer, and are required to type up their reports to improve their typing skills.  Once the computer can get on the internet, they also will be doing regular email writing.  It's great to see them learn to use more technology!  It will really help them to be a step ahead in life. 
 Johanna Time!  3 years running, and now a very great friendship.  Johanna and I met in Mbarara, and have seen each other each year in January, when she comes back to help with "Kisi Kids" at Yesu Ahuriire Community.  This year we connected in Kampala for a quick chat.  I'll be seeing a lot more of her this summer in Austria!
 Joshua Simeon!  The new little one... Sus and Peter had a new baby in Novemeber, just before I left for the states!  He is precious, I really enjoy going over to their house and holding him.

 We just finished Jumpstart 2013!  It was a seminar on gifting/skills/work environments.  Antony and his team did a good job.  Keep an eye out on the Cornerstone Veritas blog for more updates on this seminar and photos
 Food for the hungry team:  On Wednesday, I cooked up a classic American meal.  Spaghetti with garlic bread.  It was a hit!  We had our CV team, and some other guests join us for the meal.  Then a bunch of the boys (and Katherine from Germany) stayed around and played some epic uno.
 Food for the hungry team:  I love cooking for people!  It's really the best.  We had to get creative in how we served the sauce.  I think that coming together over food is just the best. :)  We had a great discussion about cultural differences within different tribes about whether or not you talk while you are eating! Each tribe has a different opinion (

 My new guitar is getting a lot use!  I wasn't expecting to carry it outside of my house, so I've been transporting it around in a cardboard box!  Ridiculous I know, I need to find a case.  It's been incredibly wonderful to have a guitar, I am so grateful Jenn!
The Real thing:  Fruit here is so amazing!  This was a watermelon growing outside our meeting room in Soroti, it was so good.  It fed the whole group it was so big, with no steroids. 
The morning mail:   When I travel, I often take the post bus... it is what it sounds like... a bus that delivers both mail and people to different destinations throughout Uganda.  Here they are packing the mail for different Eastern Uganda destinations. 
"Stop tickling me Auntie Noelle!" with lots of laughter... my favorite little 3 year old, T really brings me a lot of joy.  We read books together, sometimes I change the books to teach him about economics... we talk about school, draw pictures, eat food and watch Veggie tales together.  It's the perfect relationship.  :)












 Shoes!  I am so grateful to all of you who donated towards new shoes.  I was able to get 4 new pairs, and they are really helpful to have.  ...they are also really pretty! 

A total kitchen clean!  (this is my kitchen)... my housekeeper and I gutted the place in January to completely overhaul it!  There was so much random junk that had accumulated over the years of different people coming in and out.  It's so much more clean now.  Ah!  It'll be one year in my apartment in April, I love this place.











 "Tuesday Nights":  I've been attending a fellowship on Tuesday nights, where I play for our time of worship.  It's been really nice so far!  It's a fun crew of people. 

Great people, great times:  We (by we I mean I) sort of forgot the rules to Uno, and the instructions were incredibly unhelpful.  None the less we had a pretty awesome game, during which Frank "almost lost his job" because he mastered the art of inflicting Uno pain on this neighbors, including me!  The whole crew had a really great time together. 






A shout out to Dan Wolf for donating my new camera! None of these shots would be half as good without it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment