Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Gornik family is awesome.

My beautiful mother and our Father's day awesomeness
Even from 3 different continents, my family still pulled it off.  We rock.

Last summer, I got the idea to get my dad a certain kind of fishing reel for a birthday/father's day gift.  I recently told the other lovely women in my family to see if they would get involved.  They were very excited about it.  I emailed a close family friend to see if he could actually buy the reel for us.  I could have bought it online, but I knew that he would know exactly what my dad likes. 

He was very helpful and my fellow Gornik women were excited.  Martha (who lives in Belgium), being the genious that she is, remembered a long standing Gornik tradition:  Giving gifts in strange boxes.  Generally these are packages that are much larger than their contents.  We've been doing this for years, but haven't had a classic one in a while.

So Martha pitched the idea, and my mom and Hannah (USA living) took up the call to action.  My mom used her amazing internet skills to print "stamps" as seen in photo above.  The Ugandan stamp has a Rhino, which is my dad's favorite animal.  The stamp from Belgium is of TinTin which is a family favorite cartoon.  (Ironically the box says "Flanders" which is the area of Belgium where Martha lives!) 

On Sunday, pre father's day, they put the box on the porch and gave it to my Dad.  I think he liked it! 

I love the internet.  I love cross continental communication.

Most of all, I really love my family.  We are truly amazing. 

Well done people, well done. 

I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment