Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bushenyi and Paypal

I just realized that the pay pal donate button on my blog has not been easy to find.  For this I apologize, and I hope that now you can see you, you feel very free to push it.  :)  (all donations are tax deductable)

Today I went back to Bushenyi.. which is actually the name of the regional area, but I can't pronounce (yet) the name of the actual place we were.  I love Bushenyi, it is in the top 5 most beautiful places I've ever been.  (and I've been to a few places)

It is where incredible, breath taking beauty meets terrible, and breath taking poverty.  I wandered myself some, and also a bit with Father E.  The people of that area are so beautiful and so poor.  I love going and visiting with them, giving them hugs, listening to them.. even when I don't understand.

If you have never been to Africa, to a rural or impoverished area, it is hard to explain the places I have been.  Today I spent time in poverty.  Father is trying to improve one of the homes on his land... an improvement would be to mix sand and cow dung together and put it over the walls.  The walls currently are made of mud.  People live here.

We visited another neighbor and her 7 children.  Her husband died when she was pregnant with her twins, the last two children.  She has no land to cultivate, so she does a little in the national park (which is where I saw a ton of awesome animals the other day!)... but the problem is that the elephants come and eat her crop.  She can't do anything about it because they are protected animals.  The amount of ground nuts she had was pitiful.  Her house was incredible small and rough.  Yet, she smiles and her children smile... and they laugh.  And they are so beautiful.  I love them.  I want to get to know them better.   

House of Love Africa is the main work Father is doing there.  The children (there are 17) are so beautiful and fun.  I really enjoyed my day around there today.

I spent an hour on my favorite hill top. It looks over the craters and onto the mountains. 

All I could think was the proverb "There are mountains beyond the mountains"... meaning there is always more to do.

But I must start, and I must start somewhere.  I think it will be Bushenyi, among those who have literally nothing.  I have nothing but love to bring.  I hope that I can bring it well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment