Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm Cold!

I'm Cold. It is May 8th and no where near 50 degrees! But for right now, I don't mind being cold. In 9 days I am going to be VERY hot.

So it's coming up. I leave a week from Monday.

Am I ready? Sure. Do I want to be on the plane right now? Yes. I'd rather not do the odds and ends of this week. It always comes down to that last pile of stuff you just don't know what to do with. I am still holding my breath on the 44 lbs issue.

My time in Southern Sudan is set. I am glad for this. I still have some personal prep to do before heading out, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Uganda is almost there. I am still waiting on confirmation for one of the communities I'll be with. However, I have the first 2 weeks all planned out well and phone numbers. I figure that'll be enough. I have concert plans throughout the 7 weeks... I just need some final date confirmation. :)

Kenya has come together. I have a promise of being picked up at the airport, which was my biggest concern. I have a chance to spend about 4 days with my friend Bahati outside of Nairobi, that'll be nice. I am glad I get to spend time outside of the big city in Kenya.

I have no plans for when I return, except making sure that I don't have malaria or something else.

I am planning on resting a good bit this week, having a good schedule and eating well. Lots of veggies and ice cream for sure! I am thinking some night I will go out and get pizza. I am pretty sure that pizza won't be a regular meal while away. :)

I'm glad that this adventure is about to take off! :D

1 comment:

  1. I would def join you on pizza idea!!! Miss you, Noelle!!!

    ReplyDelete