Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A moment in Sudan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8614003.stm
I highly recommend watching this short BBC report about the Sudan Elections

Voting begins today for one of the world's most important elections... though it won't be on your American TV screens. Sudan is the largest country in Africa. It has been plagued by civil war, unrest, and abuse since its independence.

I will be in Southern Sudan in a little over a month. That is, if these elections do not erupt into war. It is a strange feeling to have your fate be linked to the outcome of an election in a country thousands of miles away.

I am praying that there is no violence, that outcomes are accepted, and that peace would reign. If you pray...please join me in this.


In other news the trip is coming together. I am solidifying plans with my contacts in Africa. Making sure that safety is a priority and then jumping in! I am starting to get rid of my possessions, which is a freeing and busy process.

I am going into my last week of work. It is strange how all of this is coming so quickly.

I am about 1,000 dollars from my first fund raising goal. There is still plenty of time to donate! I am so grateful for help and excitement around my travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment