Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Brief update!

I am so glad to report that they extended the elections in Sudan another 2 days! They will now end on Thursday. Reports say that ballots have not been delivered to various regions ... and there is some talk of intimidation. For the most part however there is still the fragile term "free and fair" being used.

Check out this story for more info... also, take a second to look at the chart (Graphs for Development in Sudan) at the bottom of the page.

I will be working in Southern Sudan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8616249.stm

2 comments:

  1. hey! its dave dick here....are u in uganda at all in your trip? il be there, near Emmaus, for july and 2 weeks august, working in a hospital....hope the preparations are goin well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be at Emmaus! I will be there for the first 5 days of July. It would be SOOO great to see you! That would be half way through my trip, and I am sure a little laugh with Dave would be helpful!

    I haven't confirmed my dates with them yet. But let me know when you will be there. I am sure we can find a way to see each other!

    ReplyDelete