Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ireland the Green: Part 1

I think that I should at least comment on the fact I spent the last 2.5 weeks on a different continent.  Things are going to get so busy here soon, that I am afraid you will never hear all the tales of Ireland.  But here is an attempt at a start...

I flew via Dubai.  I had never been to Dubai before.  I was graciously picked up by my world traveling friend John Everington, whom, if Dubai is "Asia/Middle East", I have officially spent time with on 3 continents.

John is not just cool, he is so cool that he came and collected me at 1 am and took me around Dubai.  Our adventures included seeing the world's tallest building, having hot chocolate at 2:30 in the morning in the 2nd nicest hotel in Dubai... walking along a pier into the ocean where million dollar yachts were parked, right next to the amazing 7 star hotel which is one of Dubai's main attractions.

Pictures in the next post...

I arrived in Dublin to be met by my very good and dear friend Orla...and the FREEZING cold.  It was unbarable.  My body totally freaked out.

We spent the next 4 hours getting me set up (or trying) for Irish life.  We were unable to find clothing which usable (the irish sense of fashion leaves something to be desired!), but I did get a sim card and those sort of things to get life moving.  

Stopping into my old home, we had a joyful reunion, and several other visits before finally getting me to my first (of 5) residence.   I dropped my stuff, and went to dinner across the street at the Lynches... and got to spend the whole evening visiting with various members of their delightful family.

I headed home about 10 pm... I accidentally fell asleep because I was SO exhausted. I hadn't slept at all in over 30 hours.   The next thing I knew, Katharina was calling me saying she was at the bus stop.  Ethna, the older woman I was staying with, and I hurried out of the house estate to find her.  It was AMAZING to see one of my close friends, after 5 years! 

We, of course, talked until 2 am... it had been WAY too long not to!  It was so wonderful and special to be staying with my dear friend... she's am awesome person! 

More on all this later....

No comments:

Post a Comment