Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Friday, March 18, 2011

The Testing of the Call

I don't really know how to post this news... it's been a testing week! 

Friday and Sunday produced their own type of trials and challenges, including a broken down bus.  

However the hardest was that I had many of my belongings stolen from me on Sunday night. 

Computer, internet, ipod, money for my visa and the money I had from teaching/for traveling, raincoat, plugs and cables of different forms, back pack, etc.  It was stolen through the window of where I was sleeping. Thankfully my talk notes, debit card, books and bible survived!  They were dumped.  My passport was taken, but then later recovered somewhere far from where the things were stolen.  I lost a lot, especially a lot of work related materials.  It's tough but I will just work extra hard to try to recreate them!

So it's been a bit of a challenging time.  I am grateful for a lot of small things right now... especially how well the course I gave here in Masaka this past week went.  It was excellent.  And for the generosity of friends who let me use their computers!

There is a lot of stress, but I am actually really at peace.  I know that I will be taken care of, and that the next step from here will be made clear.  I am glad that I have peace, or I'd be a mess.  God is faithful to me.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to send you a big Detroit style hug. It is beautiful to see God using you in Africa. I know that you will not be found lacking in this opportunity to grow in faith.

    ReplyDelete