Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Home bound

I stayed at home in Mbarara for a good chunk of February. 

I arrived home on Feb 8th and left again on March 2nd.  It was a good amount of time to be here and try to get some things established.

The first item of business was to set up a craft group.  We met on Thursday (twice), but it's stopped for the moment because of 2 large programs going on here now which are making everyone busy.  We managed to make a lot of great crafts, and have a good time too.  We sent 36 rosaries with Father Emmanuel to Italy.  20 of them were in Kitange bags, which I made (and taught someone to make) on a foot peddle sowing machine!  Once you get the hang of it it's not too hard.  It was a fun learning experience.

I had a frustrating meeting with someone at one point during the month.  Communication can be incredibly hard sometimes.  I don't always know why. 

I also did a good bit of one on one meetings with people about their personal vision and mission statements.  There was a session of personal scheduling that I ran as well.

I was sick for a few days, so that was a bit of a bummer.  I also did a lot of prep work for the upcoming courses that I (gave and) am giving.

It was good to be around the place for a while, though at points I felt shut up in my room.  There was a bit of stress that happened the weekend before I left, which made me go take a day at a nice local hotel, just to get away for a bit.  It was the first time I had really treated myself "out" in probably 7 months.  I needed it. 

It was good to try to get some things in place.  But sometimes it's hard because things often don't take off or fall apart after a lot of work.  But TIA.  This is Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment