Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

101

This is blog post 101. Wow.

I am in Kampala. Seated comfortably in the silent living room of Susanna and Peter's lovely abode. The baby and the nanny are both asleep and there is no sound except the small voices of children outside and the clicking of my fingers on the keyboard.

I just finished watching 2 episodes of House.

I am still in Kampala. I broke down and went to the doctor yesterday and got the news I would rather have not received. Everything is PERFECTLY fine, I am totally, 100% healthy.

Basically all of this is food related. My body uses more water to processes the food, and basically over the weeks my whole system has gotten totally thrown out of normalcy, hence the brutal stomach pain. The doctor said that it might even be possible that I am allergic to something I am eating. He gave me some tablets to help my stomach.

I called Betty, my boss, today and we agreed that I'll go home tomorrow. I am trying to give my body a chance to readjust before starting the process of trying to discover what food I am having issue with. I would have much preferred a parasite.

So, I have been able to see Michael Rossi, a friend from England who is here visiting. I am off soon to have lunch with them.

Perhaps I'll buy one more book before heading home to Mbarara. :) Yah birthday presents!

Thank you to all of you who donated towards the repairs after the storms!!

No comments:

Post a Comment