Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Step one: Trust

So here it goes... while I will not be able to blog while in Africa, I thought that I would start a blog about this adventure. Perhaps this will stay around for other African adventures too.

My situation is as follows:

About a week and a half ago I was invited to go to Uganda with a group of people from the Sword of the Spirit international communities. This was very out of the blue, and a whole ton of things had to fall into place. But they all did! I graduated sooner than expected. I was able to get my vaccinations, which was a miracle.

I went on a conference this weekend, which was excellent. And now I find myself sitting in my room surrounded by boxes, bags, clothes and other odds and ends. As I consider the start of this blog the thought that comes to mind is...

Trust.

I am, in a different way than other times, learning to Trust God.

In the next week and a half I have to move, fund raise, finish my work and internship, shop for things I need to go and say good bye to everyone in Grand Rapids. This could stress me out. It could disrupt my peace. But through it all I know that I have to trust that God is with me. That He will be my strength, that I need to rest and hope in Him alone.



The Lord is my strenght and my song, and He also has become my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment