Subscribe Button

Keep Noelle in Africa!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rwanda Two: Children's City


I arrived to the guest house on Sunday morning.  We all had individual, self contained rooms (meaning it has a bathroom).  To me this is the lap of luxury!  My shower was broken, and so for a few days I shared with Maureen before switching rooms.   But the bed was incredibly comfortable and there was desk.  The food was well made and delicious most of the time.  We were very well cared for.  
 
That afternoon, we went to visit a “children’s city” established by Pope John Paul II, when he visited Rwanda.  The place was beautiful.  They have a number of great income generating activities too!  That made me very happy.  The houses are designed to be like little families, which is exactly how I would do it. 

And I made a friend.



We were able to stay and pray that evening with the young people.  There were many!  The teenagers loved talking to the white people, the team spread out and chatted with the kids.  I love that.  They ask some funny questions.  



No comments:

Post a Comment